Friday, March 8, 2013

Sorry for the lack of updates. My life is so full of fun and interesting things that I've been overwhelmingly busy. Yeah right.
Anyway, I finally went to the endocrinologist on Wednesday to get better control of the diabetes and PCOS symptoms. I totally didn't know that Metformin was prescribed to PCOS patients who aren't diabetic. So the doc upped the dose to kill two birds with one stone. I was worried that I was going to be prescribed with a bunch of expensive medication. Thank goodness Metformin is free at Publix. :)
The goal is to come off the meds and strictly take control of my blood sugar with diet and exercise alone. So, I meet with a dietician in three weeks to discuss diet options. I've already discovered a new diet that I started today. I will reveal the diet I'm on when I begin to see results. :) It's not the South Beach diet either.
That's about it for now.
Oh yeah...I registered for the national exam. I'm scheduled to take it on the 26th which I might have to reschedule because at the time I totally forgot what the 26th is.....two years that my mother has been in Heaven. I think I will be OK. I'm just going to remember that she would be so proud of me. :)
'Til next time!
~Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.
 photo 24828.gif