Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lake Placid

We just got home from a fun trip to Lake Placid, Florida. We went down there to visit Ian's grandparents, other family members, and to also celebrate Easter. It was by far the BEST Easter we've had in a long time! It was nice to meet new family and to reconnect with the ones that I haven't seen since 2006.

It was so nice of Danny and Ellie to host the gatherings at their beautiful home on the lake. Our kids had a blast fishing, riding on the boat, and tubing! The trip to the hunting land was also a blast! The land was beautiful! Taylor shot 4 armadillos with a .410 shotgun. Those things are like rats down there and they tear up the land, so it was justified. LOL!

The best memory of the whole trip: Great-Grandpa Green showing Katie, Taylor, and Thomas his garden in their backyard. It was so sweet watching and listening to him interact with the kids. I could tell that he really enjoyed telling the kids about the different plants. :)

Anyway, next week we're heading up to Myrtle Beach for a week with our neighbors. I cannot wait to stick my feet in the sand! I've never been to Myrtle Beach, so it's going to be so much fun. I just hope that it's going to be warm enough to enjoy it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.
 photo 24828.gif