I received a phone call today from Myriad, the genetics laboratory that processes the BRCAnalysis test. I was told that there was a delay due to the holidays. Really? Thanks for keeping me on pins and needles!
Well, the purpose of the call was to inform me that the lab is continuing onto Phase 2 of the test, and also to update me on the health insurance status as far as coverage goes. After the Phase 2 testing has begun Myriad is no longer allowed to contact me. I was told that my insurance provider will pay 90-100% of the cost! That's HUGE savings considering the full panel test averages at $3000! So, the most I will have to pay, if I have to pay anything, will be only $345. On top of that, Myriad offers payment plan options that will allow me to pay as little as $15/month if I choose to not pay in full. Awesome, right?
If I test positive in Phase 2, then no further testing will be needed. Either way my doctor will have the results next week sometime. The plan is to give my doctor all of next week to receive and review the results. If I don't hear from the office by Monday, January 14 then I will call them......and call everyday until she reviews the results and is ready to see me.
The waiting game continues. My nerves are shot! I'm keeping myself busy the best I can with exercise and other activities.
Many prayers are needed! I'm counting on my Prayer Warrior friends, and the select few that have been by my side through all of this. You know who you are! Love you all so much!


No comments:
Post a Comment