Friday, December 21, 2012

Oh, Christmas Goodies

We've been busy making all kinds of goodies to hand out on Christmas! Red velvet cake balls, super cute Hershey kiss jars, slow cooker chocolate candy, snowman poop, and peanut brittle. YUM-O!!

Hershey Kiss Jars
I found these adorable Hershey Kiss jars on Pinterest. I love Pinterest because it helps us "idea-challenged" folks look extra crafty! :)
Anyway, here's the LINK to the original website to get the printables used. I used jelly size mason jars, but any size can be used depending on how much candy you want to buy. Three regular sized bags of kisses filled these four jars.

The peanut brittle was an epic fail. HAHA! When the recipe suggests a food thermometer, GET ONE! Thank goodness I only wasted about $4.00. I won't be trying that one again. It just wasn't a "fun" recipe to make.


Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy
 This recipe is so good and so easy to make! This is a recipe by Trisha Yearwood. Here's a few tips: 1. Ignore the bad reviews. These people are morons. 2. Three hours and 25 minutes is way too long. I suggest checking it every 30 minutes. When it can be easily stirred and all of the chocolate is melted, then it's done. 
My batch was ready in an hour. I spooned mine in mini cupcake liners, but you can also just spoon "globs" onto wax paper. Either way works just fine! Then put in the refrigerator to cool and harden. 
 I bought a pack of 100 mini cupcake liners and used all of them with a little left over for about 5 more, so it makes a lot but it's so worth it! :)

Snowman Poop
This one is a simple as it looks, and the kids (as well as some adults) will get a kick out it too! Put mini marshmallows in bags and make a cute bag topper. That's it! Super easy!

Cake balls will be posted tomorrow....I'm saving the best for last! :)

Here's the cake pops! So I got busy with the holiday madness and forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Grrr! Oh well, I'm making more for Valentine's Day so I will be sure to get a picture then.

Cake Pops

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas! We did! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.
 photo 24828.gif